April 8, 2014

Ladies' Day Out!

This past Saturday, I had a whole day of fun girly stuff planned:

  • Cabela's Ladies' Day Out from 10am until probably 4pm with S
  • Dinner at Three Amigos with S
  • Suicide Girls Blackheart Burlesque at the Starlite Room with S

The highlight of my day was definitely the Ladies' Day Out at Cabela's, even though S ended up bailing on me. I did all sorts of neat stuff, like learn how to back up a trailer (it's been years since I've even tried), learn how to tie a lure for fly fishing, carve a feather out of wood, shoot a compound bow, and of course, shop! 

Tying the first bit of feather on the fly

My completed fly!

Second time I've shot a bow - good aim!

Ladies' Day Out included employee-level pricing on all items in the store, so I definitely took advantage of that. I bought:

After all the time spent at Cabela's, I did a bit more running around and met up with S to go to Three Amigos (a local Mexican restaurant) for dinner. I always feel bittersweet about visiting Three Amigos, because the food is usually quite good and authentically Mexican, yet the service always leaves something to be desired, and they're usually out of at least two menu items. Unfortunately, Saturday was no exception, but they had mariachis!

He even smiled for me!

The rest of the night was spent at the Starlite Room to see the Blackheart Burlesque, but we unfortunately left a half hour into the show since we couldn't see anything. It was a shame to miss it, since what we did see looked quite good. But overall, it was a pretty decent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment