April 9, 2014

Plant Babies: Progress Report #1

It's been about a week and a half since I planted the seeds I wanted to start indoors, and for the longest time there was no sign of anything popping up above the dirt. Starting on Sunday, though, my little sprouts started making an appearance!

The first plants to sprout were my tumbler tomatoes, and they had made quite a bit of headway by day seven. The zucchini also started to poke its head out of the dirt a bit, which you can see in the bottom left corner of the picture.

Spindly little tomato seedlings

Zucchini! Can you see it?

By Monday morning (day eight), the one zuccchini seedling had managed to grow about half an inch and was kind of goofy looking with its seed still on it.


On day nine, the tomatillos joined the party and the serrano peppers were just starting to show (but not enough to see in the picture). The zucchini plant had also grown a fair amount again, and other zucchini seedlings had started to show up.


And now, on day ten (this morning!) I couldn't resist seeing what was happening before I headed to work. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the tomatillos are growing happily, and the serrano peppers are almost to the point where you can see them in the picture (you might be able to if you look really close). I had to take the lid off of the growing set-up since the tomatoes are getting too tall and spindly to stay in there any more, so now the plant markers are being put to good use.


Overall, I'm really excited with how things are going so far! Now I just need to get the grow light installed so that these babies can have enough light!

No comments:

Post a Comment